Also, I have been honoured with a bloggy award from the gorgeous Donna of Rosebuds and Bluebells.. Thank you so much Donna!
Here are my list of 10 things that make me happy
.... and if you follow Rosebuds and Bluebells, (and you should!) you will see that Donna and I are totally kindred spirits!
1. My family. My hubby, my kids, my parents and my sisters, my nieces and nephews and even my bros-in-law!. I adore them, they are my world... 'nuff said!
2. My Friends. I have been blessed in my life to have some amazing friends. Honestly and truthfully they don't come any better! Or any smarter, my Cherie!! Without their advice and support in my life I know I would crash and burn. I just wish I was wonderful a friend to them as they are to me!
3. My home. It is not grand and fancy, it has a long way to go, but I love, it. and I love, love, love to decorate, fuss and froof it!! Sometimes I will just stand in the doorway of a room, look around and say to myself "I love this room!.... now what else can I do to it ;)"....
4. CANADA!!!! (are you getting it Donna!!!) I emigrated from England to Canada with my family when I was 3 and lived there till I was 11. There is nothing that I don't love about Canada!... The seasons, the snow, the lakes, the autumn leaves, the chipmunks and squirrels that live in your backyard trees, the Rocky mountains, the candy, the Baseball, the history, ....Niagra falls, ...I could keep going on... It has been many years since I was there but it is my childhood home and one day I will take my hubby there and enjoy it all again with him!
5. Sewing and crafting. I love it, I do it every day and all day if I can!! Any day that I don't sew feels like my day has was not complete ;)!
6. Thrift shopping. I love going to thrift shops and rummaging through to find the hidden treasure of yesteryear... or this year ;)! Fun with a capital F!! Another thing I could do all day long!
7. History. (I promise Donna, I am not making this up!!) I love history with a passion! Old buildings, old photos, old homes, old dress patterns, old jewellry, old crockery, old movies - I am fascinated by anything that has lived a full life long before I was born and has a story to tell. And most things do.
8. Romantic evenings with my darling hubby. I don't care where we are, but being married to a baker who spent the first 20 years of our married life working nights in front of a hot oven has totally made me appreciate every single evening I spend with my hubby, whether we are just watching an old movie together or we are painting the town red...
9. Blogging. I love the blogging world!
I love that with the stroke of a key I can be in a friend's kitchen in America sharing a recipe,
or in a friend's backyard in Queensland watching them re-design their patio.
I love the ladies I have met, and the friends I have made,
I love that I can see what is happening at Quilt Market without having to spend $3000 on a ticket.
I love the kindess of the human heart, when a sweet sewer from Brazil sends me her embroidery designs, for free.
I love that the blogging world allows me to walk around this big, wide world every day, learning, creating and being blessed!
10. My Lord. ... For God so love the world (me!), that he gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever believes in Him (I do!) shall have everlasting life! (Yippee!)
... now that makes me a very happy girl :)!
Back soon with more!
Hugs, Jen xo