Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday afternoon quilting and a lovely blog award!

I bought this cars panel a few years ago with the intention of making my gorgeous nephew a quilt, but as happens quite often it got lost amongst my stash fabric. I found it the other day and decided, as Cooper has outgrown cars and is more into Ben 10, to make a play quilt for Khye with it.

It will be just the think to keep the biscuits off the carpet ;)! and here is the new redwork that I started on Friday. I love this little quote from May Ellen Chase and thought it would go great with the design...
Also, I have been honoured with a bloggy award from the gorgeous Donna of Rosebuds and Bluebells.. Thank you so much Donna!

Here are my list of 10 things that make me happy

.... and if you follow Rosebuds and Bluebells, (and you should!) you will see that Donna and I are totally kindred spirits!

1. My family. My hubby, my kids, my parents and my sisters, my nieces and nephews and even my bros-in-law!. I adore them, they are my world... 'nuff said!

2. My Friends. I have been blessed in my life to have some amazing friends. Honestly and truthfully they don't come any better! Or any smarter, my Cherie!! Without their advice and support in my life I know I would crash and burn. I just wish I was wonderful a friend to them as they are to me!

3. My home. It is not grand and fancy, it has a long way to go, but I love, it. and I love, love, love to decorate, fuss and froof it!! Sometimes I will just stand in the doorway of a room, look around and say to myself "I love this room!.... now what else can I do to it ;)"....

4. CANADA!!!! (are you getting it Donna!!!) I emigrated from England to Canada with my family when I was 3 and lived there till I was 11. There is nothing that I don't love about Canada!... The seasons, the snow, the lakes, the autumn leaves, the chipmunks and squirrels that live in your backyard trees, the Rocky mountains, the candy, the Baseball, the history, ....Niagra falls, ...I could keep going on... It has been many years since I was there but it is my childhood home and one day I will take my hubby there and enjoy it all again with him!

5. Sewing and crafting. I love it, I do it every day and all day if I can!! Any day that I don't sew feels like my day has was not complete ;)!

6. Thrift shopping. I love going to thrift shops and rummaging through to find the hidden treasure of yesteryear... or this year ;)! Fun with a capital F!! Another thing I could do all day long!

7. History. (I promise Donna, I am not making this up!!) I love history with a passion! Old buildings, old photos, old homes, old dress patterns, old jewellry, old crockery, old movies - I am fascinated by anything that has lived a full life long before I was born and has a story to tell. And most things do.

8. Romantic evenings with my darling hubby. I don't care where we are, but being married to a baker who spent the first 20 years of our married life working nights in front of a hot oven has totally made me appreciate every single evening I spend with my hubby, whether we are just watching an old movie together or we are painting the town red...

9. Blogging. I love the blogging world!

I love that with the stroke of a key I can be in a friend's kitchen in America sharing a recipe,

or in a friend's backyard in Queensland watching them re-design their patio.

I love the ladies I have met, and the friends I have made,

I love that I can see what is happening at Quilt Market without having to spend $3000 on a ticket.

I love the kindess of the human heart, when a sweet sewer from Brazil sends me her embroidery designs, for free.

I love that the blogging world allows me to walk around this big, wide world every day, learning, creating and being blessed!

10. My Lord. ... For God so love the world (me!), that he gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever believes in Him (I do!) shall have everlasting life! (Yippee!)

... now that makes me a very happy girl :)!

****************

Back soon with more!

Hugs, Jen xo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Jen, the quilt will be much loved I am sure! Congrats on your very much deserved award.. Your list is great, straight from the heart, and how funny how similar it is to Donna's!
:) Flick

Rosebud and Bluebells said...

Oh Jenny,
Thats amazing. We are kindred spirits! I had a huge smile on my face and got a little teary eyed reading your list. I totally know where you are coming from and understand every word you wrote. Perhaps we were meant to meet, so glad we did. Glad you enjoyed your award your kind words on my blog always make me smile.
Donna xx

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi Jenny! :-)
You are more than welcome to use my post and link it back to me...I'm glad you like it. I'm glad your dad can make it for you...so happy early birthday and no more torn paper and scrunched ribbon for you! lol
Hugs
Melissa

Leila said...

Great list!

You have a lovely blog. I found you via Blog This

Leila @ http://www.thatrandomleila.com

Rosebud and Bluebells said...

Hi Jenny,
I just wanted to let you know a bit about the foam stamps I used on my clock. They are made by making memories and they were purchased in a scrapbooking shop. I bought 2 sets a few years ago the motive set and an alphabet and number set. They were about $20 each. Have a look on ebay or call your local scrapbooking shop. I have used them over and over for various projects
Have a lovely week
Donna xx

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with your list Jenny (except for #7 :-), never been there). What a lucky boy Khye is to have such a talent grandmother to make him special things. Bring on the next project, I love them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed getting to know you. We do have alot in common...I have close connections to Canada too, I can see it from my kitchen window!