Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Just wanted to send a big warm belated " Happy Mothers Day " to all you gorgeous bloggy ladies out there. You all warm my hearts and inspire me daily..
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And to my gorgeous family, who spoilt me rotten - I love you - you are my world!

And thank you for my pressies - love them all... here are a couple of my favs which went straight to my studio :)!

oooh, a great place to hide projects on the go :)! And to my gorgeous Mama, Happy Mothers Day!
Thank you and I love you more!!

(... and Dad, it really helps if you open your eyes when someone takes your photo ;)!)

Snapped this of our daughter Alora and son Steve the other day. Steve is growing his hair back -that makes me happy! ....love you guys!

Now - onto things more crafty!
I was nearly finished an embroidery for a friends baby and my machine malfunctioned..

In the year that I have had it this has only happened once before, and it was very early on in the design - plus I think that time was my fault as I was going a bit fast on the touchscreen :-)!

Anyhoo, as I had been embroidering for 50 minutes I didn't want to just throw it away and start again .... what to do, what to do?!

Here is a close-up , you can see all that is missing is the last butterfly's wings....

...so I made this little badge using my coaster edge ... what do you think?? will it work? .... here it is on a white background, when the other piece of the embroidery is dry I will attach it to the design and see.... stay tuned!
These are the fabrics I am using for the pillow - love them!


Here is a photo of one of the walls in my little studio.. and this is after I put a pile of stuff away! Gaahhh, the whole room is like this, really over crowded!!

I need to re-organise as I have too many colours and way to much all over the place.... needs a real tidy up!
Back soon!

Hugs,

Jen xoxoxo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! Looks like you know how to sew girlfriend. I wish I knew how to sew the corect way. So far Im just at the pillow stage..ha! Your work is just beautiful! xoxox Susie

Anonymous said...

I think your studio is perfect as is. Don't mess with the pink and green with a touch of other colours. I like your ribbon storage, mine are just in plastic totes and not pretty at all.

Denise @ Swelle said...

Oh, what sweet things. I love the closed eyes, and what a beautiful daughter you have!

Jen said...

Susie and Denise, thanks so much, and Peggyanne, I am thinking of going to plastic totes lol! I just feel like there is too much of everything on display (even thought most of it is packed away in crates!)