1. Pick a few fabrics that I think the mama will like, I usually try and have a look at either facebook photos of blog photos of the nursery colours - Danielle was very happy with these!
I finished the border design and began the name, had actually chosen a different font - but after I stitched the first two letters was not happy with it. I knew I was going to stipple the panel so I thought I could risk unpicking it and 'whew' it came out very easily. 3. all stippled!! As you can see, I made another little badge for an embellishment, I liked the look of the last one I did and as I can't use bows or flowers on this pillow I needed something a little more manly... and what is more manly than a train ;) 4. I stitched on the borders...
5. I have found that the last couple of quilted panel pillows I have made had a little bit of a 'flat' look to them due to the thickness of the embroidered panel - two layers of fabric plus the batting. I decided to try something a bit different, so when I was sewing on the first (green) border I pulled the fabric a little tight hoping to give it a more rounded look. I am pretty sure it worked so (fingers crossed!) we will see when I finish it and put in the cushion insert. I sat it flat and put a lump of fabric under it and so far so good
Anyway, I am waiting for a photo from Taj's mummy and then I can finish off the back so will update this post soon!
Hugs, Jen xoxo