Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fabric and Food on a friday night ....

Made myself a bottle of

homemade 

Vanilla Essence 

a few weeks ago..

it has been fermenting nicely, till tonight,  I used it for the first time..


Vanilla Cuppy-cakes were on the menu
but I didn't have any patty pans left so I used muffin papers...

They worked out fine!!
Topped with yummy vanilla buttercream
and edible glitter!!!

Mmmmm-mm!  

they were yummy!

(and the essence was perfect!)


Lots of sox nearly done,

and 

this is only half of what I have been working on in the last week or so!!

(busy, busy, busy!!)


And I wanted to show you my gorgeous Robyn Pandolph fabrics that I got last week,

Scarborough Fair on top (Pastels)
and  
Boxwood House on the bottom (deeper colours)

Aren't they just beautiful :)!


(and if you would like the recipe for the vanilla essence let me know!!)

Hugs,
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All fabrics are great but I love the Christmas Candy. Can't wait to see them all done up.
Homemade vanilla essence, my, my you are Wonder Woman.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

They look beautiful I want to reach in and have one...yes please, I would love the recipe!!! Dzintra

Sugar Pink Boutique said...

The Vanilla Cuppy-cakes look so beautiful I can almost smell their yummy fragrance through the screen! Do you think you could give the recipe sometime? I'm a baker I love to bake and these look scrumptious! The stocking fabrics you chose are beautiful and festive I know they will be even more gorgeous upon completion! Hugs, Jennifer xoxoxoxo

Bev C said...

Hello Jen,

So that was the lovely smell, homemade vanilla essence I think I would be sniffing that all the time. I use vanilla essence in my oil burner to perfume the room.
I must say those Hunny Bums are stunning I bet they are selling like hot buns.
Have a fantastic Sunday.
Bev.xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, you just left the kindest post on my blog and I just had to come and say thank you. I see you are one creative and busy lady, so it means so much that you commented! xo

Ava said...

Love the sound of home made vanilla essence, Jenny! Wouldn't it make a lovely gift at christmas with some vanilla sugar and shortbread ! xx Ava

Patty's Stitches said...

Beautiful Jingle Sox (as usual)! You're putting me in the Christmas spirit. I would love the recipe for the vanilla essence!

Unknown said...

Beautiful goodies! I can't wait to see what you you are going to make with the scarborough fare pastels! I will probably want a stocking if you end up making one out of those! YUMMMY!!! I am in love with your beautiful work!
(((hugs)))
~TattingChic ♥

Unknown said...

P.S. your vanilla essence sounds divine and your goodies look fabulously delish! I also love the cake plate you served them up with! I will be putting your button up on my blog! If you would like feel free to hop on over to my blog. I love visitors! I make a form of handmade lace called tatting so hence the name of my blog "TattingChic"
Toodles,
~TattingChic ♥